пятница, 8 января 2016 г.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working


At the middle of December of 2015 I got a message informing me that Cortana and Start Menu of my Windows 10 stopped working.
The message looked like as follows:
So, after a couple of minutes I found a solution but I have to apply it in a several steps.
1. The commandlet sequence must be executed with elevated rights.
2. The following script doesn't run as expected on my machine:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
And a simple solution turned into sofisticated one.
Unfortunately I don't remember all the errors occured during scripts execution, but the thing is... a variable $_.InstallLocation was undefined.
So I rewrote script as follows:
   $manifest=(Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'
   Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {
      Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
   }
Finally it worked. So I restarted my computer and noticed that Start Menu is working. I almost forgot about this error 'til a day before yesterday: it happened again! I just gather all the commands in one script and placed it on the desktop. So if one might found it useful, here is the link for archive with it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3wo9uvefgo69ys/FixCortana.7z?dl=0

1 комментарий:

  1. Appreciative. The best decision that you can make is to hire an App developer near me
    . There are several benefits of hiring them but the question arises from where Eiliana.com is a global freelancing portal where you hire the best freelancers by filtering the location whichever suits your needs. Not all freelancing portals serve you with this unique feature but Eiliana does.

    ОтветитьУдалить